Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Addiction & Recovery

When a person can't find a deep
sense of meaning, they distract
themselves with pleasure.

Victor Frankl

 

Pleasures can become punishments
when taken beyond a certain point.

Marcus Aurelius



I often think of alcohol as a genie in a bottle.
It promises everything but eventually
imprisons you in the bottle itself.

Erica Jong

 

I learned through my body and soul that it was
necessary to sin, that I needed lust, that I had to
strive for property and experience nausea and
the depths of despair in order to learn not to
resist them, in order to learn to love the world,
and no longer compare it with some kind of
desired imaginary vision of perfection,
but to leave it as it is, to love it and
be glad to belong to it.

Hermann Hesse




Complete abstinence is easier
than perfect moderation.

Saint Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment