Monday, April 15, 2024

You Are What You Eat

When we eat factory-farmed animals we live,
literally, on tortured flesh.
Increasingly, that tortured flesh
is becoming our own.

Jonathan Safran Foer


If you truly loved yourself,
you could never hurt another.

Buddha


Veganism has given me a higher level of
awareness and spirituality, primary because
the energy associated with eating has shifted...
by putting things into your body that violate
its spirit, it will be difficult not to perpetuate
that violence onto someone else.

Dexter Scott King


The basis of all animal rights should be
the Golden Rule: we should treat them as we
would wish them to treat us, were any
other species in our dominant position.

Christine Stevens


Peace without justice is tyranny.
William Allan White


They muddy the water, to make it seem deep.
Friedrich Nietzsche


The thinking person must oppose all
cruel customs, no matter how deeply rooted
in tradition and surrounded by a halo.
When we have a choice, we must avoid
bringing torment and injury
into the life of another.

Albert Schweitzer


The earth affords a lavish supply of richess
of innocent foods, and offers you banquets
that involve no bloodshed or slaughter.

Pythagoras


I do feel that spiritual progress does demand...
that we should cease to kill our fellow
creatures for the satisfaction
of our bodily wants.

Mahatma Gandhi


I refuse to eat animals because
I cannot nourish myself by the sufferings
and by the death of other creatures.
I refuse to do so, because I suffered
so painfully myself that I can feel
the pains of others by recalling
my own sufferings.

Edgar Kupfer-Koberwitz


The eating of animals extinguishes
the seed of great compassion.

Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment